Join the Worldwide Run For Resilience Virtual Ostomy 5k at Your Favorite Place to Walk/Run/Roll this Ostomy Awareness Day: October 5, 2019
If you are interested in participating in the Run for Resilience Ostomy 5k but are unable to physically attend the live events you can still sign-up and run your own virtual 5k race on October 5, 2019 or on a date convenient for you! Don’t want to run/walk? You can still support ostomates by clicking here
- Gather friends, family or a support group and run, walk or roll a 5k (3.1 miles) route on a track, park, or a location of your choice near you! You can even run/walk by yourself on a treadmill or wherever you want.
- There is no cost to participate and get a race bib sent to directly to you.
- You can order a special Ostomy Awareness Day technical race t-shirt when you sign up for the virtual walk.run. When registering, choose the option for “Virtual Ostomy 5k – Including Technical T-shirt.” The $15.00 fee includes shipping. Registration for a t-shirt ends September 13, 2019. (Shirts and bibs can only be shipped to the USA and Canada) Additional donations are appreciated to help offset costs. Bib numbers can be emailed worldwide. (ladies shirt pictured)
- Create a fundraising page or team and raise money ostomy awareness, advocacy and support. Proceeds will go to UOAA.
- Take pictures of yourself doing your virtual race and tag us on Facebook or e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Photos will be posted on the www.ostomy5k.org website and the Ostomy 5k Facebook page after the run.
- Hashtag your photos #RunforResilience or #IAmResilient and we may repost on Twitter or Instagram. Promote ostomy awareness and education to your family, friends and community during Ostomy Awareness Day. Post your experience to the Ostomy 5k Facebook page.
- Don’t run or walk but want to get involved with Ostomy Awareness Day? No problem visit www.ostomy.org to write a proclamation request or a letter to the editor, contact lawmakers, join the fun on social media, and much, much more.
Contact: email@example.com for more information.