Are you interested in running the Run for Resilience Ostomy 5k but are unable to physically attend the events in Oregon, North Carolina, Alabama, Boise or London? Even though you can’t make the trip, you can still sign-up and run your own virtual 5k race on October 1, 2016!
2. Run or walk a 5k (3.1 miles) route of your choice near you! You can even run/walk on a treadmill.
3. There is no cost to participate!
4. You can order a technical race t-shirt when you sign up for the virtual race. When registering, choose the option for Virtual Ostomy 5k – Including Technical T-shirt. The $15.00 fee includes shipping. Registration for a t-shirt ends September 27, 2016, and to guarantee your first choice in size, please register by September 18, 2016!
5. Take pictures of yourself doing your virtual race and e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Photos will be posted on the www.ostomy5k.org website and the Ostomy 5k Facebook page after the run.
6. Hashtag your photos #RunforResilience and we may repost on Twitter or Instagram. Promote ostomy awareness and education to your family, friends and community during Ostomy Awareness Day. Post your experience to the Ostomy 5k Facebook page.
7. Create a fundraising page or team and raise money ostomy awareness, advocacy and support. Proceeds will go to UOAA.