- 3rd Annual Ostomy 5k in Durham, NC, October 1, 2016
- 2nd Annual Ostomy 5k in Portland, OR, October 15, 2016
- Inaugural 5k in Boise, Idaho, October 8, 2016
- Inaugural 5k in Birmingham, AL, October 8, 2016
- Inaugural 5k in London, England – date TBA
- Participants across the United States (and possibly the world) in the 3rd Annual Virtual 5k
- More locations possible!
The North Carolina and Idaho events will include a timed race on a certified course and will draw avid runners seeking a great event. These races will feature a DJ, kids’ activities, incentivized fundraising, an ostomate division, and awards. The Oregon, Alabama, and London fun runs will offer family-friendly activities, incentivized fundraising, and an opportunity for people to gather to celebrate ostomy awareness.
- Increase awareness about ostomy and continent diversion surgery in the US and abroad
- Encourage positive dialogue
- Generate excitement and hope
- Encourage those who have had ostomy or continent diversion surgery to get involved in events and organizations that make a difference in their lives